Understanding Stud Welding
Stud welding is where a metal stud is end welded to another metal object instantaneously, utilising an arc to melt the areas being joined. The two most popular methods are Capacitor Discharge (CD) and Drawn Arc Stud Welding.
6 reasons to choose KCD stud welding over other fastening methods
- No holes mean no drilling, tapping etc.
- Simple to use. The KCD process is quick and easy to learn how to operate.
- Portability. Small compact KCD machine and gun allow you to weld just about anywhere.
- No reverse side marking on thin guage material when using the Capacitor Discharge System.
- Design flexibility. No exposed fasteners provides new design opportunities.
- Speed of process. Offering reduced manufacturing cost.
ABN 38 108 395 027
96a Herald Street
Telephone: 03 9584 1588
International: +61 3 9584 1588
Hours: 8am-4.30pm Monday to Friday